I am a Proud African - Poem by Nsubuga Francis


Giant Baobabs of Madagascar








A land filled with beautiful hills;
Vast plains, valleys and winding streams;
Freely grown jungles with giant trees;
A far rich harvest from our tilled fields;
With boldness and pride I stand,
And say, "I am a proud African! "

With my whole soul, a land I am calling home;
Your soils have fed me, until when I will be gone;
Chiefs, kings, subjects, young and grown,
Its our beautiful land, its all we own;
With boldness and pride I stand,
And say, "I am a proud African!"

A land some people are calling backward;
Because they don't understand you, they branded you a shithole;
They seem to enjoy it, when your children are crying;
They opt to stay silent and simply see you fall;
And still with boldness and pride I stand,
And say, "I am a proud African! "

Our greatfathers fought,
 And stood as one;
They dreamt and thought,
This war would be won;
We have kept the lines,
Outsiders had drawn;
Yet Igbo, Buganda, Sotho we are one
With boldness and pride I stanstand,
And say, "I am a proud African!"


Nsubuga Francis:
Afrikan,  story teller, writerwriter.
 Products and Operations Manager at afrikamzuri™

Comments